Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kale to the Cauliflower Queen




Good day to you. I have a simple recipe that doesn't involve a vita mix (but does require a food processor). I've been eating too much fruit and too many nuts and my eczema stuff is coming back. Time to feast on vegetables. I bought the most wonderful olives from Nu Roots - http://www.nu-roots.com/ - in Canmore the other day - Peruvian Raw Green Botija Olives by Essential Living Foods. Yum!

This is a recipe I have adapted from Sarma's book Living Raw Food for tabouleh salad.

Cauliflower Kale Salad

1 small/med head cauliflower broken apart and pulsed in a food processor until it looks like the picture below. Transfer it to a med/large bowl and add:

2/3 - 1 bunch of kale, not the curly kind, the darker green flatter kind, chopped into small pieces
a handful or two of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
a handful of cilantro, finely chopped
1 large cucumber, finely chopped
a handful of raw pumpkin seeds
a handful of olives (whatever kind you like, I used a mixed bunch. chop them if they are big)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (please don't use the bottled stuff!)
1/2 - 1 tsp pink sea salt, or to taste
3 tbsp olive oil
a few turns of black pepper

Mix it all together and eat it. I like to let it sit for about an hour so the salt infuses the vegetables and their juices are excreted into a flavour puddle at the bottom of the bowl. Toss the flavour puddle back throughout the salad and eat.

I think next time I will add dill or oregano, how exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment