Sunday, August 22, 2010

Food Factory


The last couple of weeks have been quite busy with weddings and birthdays and graphic design work and getting ready for vacations and warm weather. Like I have to make an excuse to myself for not food blogging, and then publicize it on my food blog...

I made an awesome raw taco salad tonight. Want to hear about it? Here it goes:

Raw Taco Salad w. Cilantro Lime Dressing

Cilantro Lime Dressing
Almost a whole small bunch cilantro, including stems
A few ½ inch thick slivers of white onion
Juice from 2 limes
Some olive oil
Pinch coriander
2 Szechwan green peppercorns (optional, jalapeno might be nice too)
¼ tsp sea salt

Blend in blender
Then add some more cilantro to chop in blender but leave chunky/flaky in dressing

The Salad Part
2 ears of corn cut off (only use organic corn! non-organic corn is one of the most genetically modified and f-ed up things growing)
½ red pepper chopped small
½ med white onion chopped small
1 bunch of flat kale, chopped
1 small-med. head broccoli, just florets chopped small

Toss veg with dressing and let sit while preparing the rest.

Walnut Taco "Meat"
1.5 cups raw walnuts - pulsed in food processor to resemble ground beef bits

Transfer to bowl and mix in:
2 tsp braggs liquid aminos/liquid soy
1.5 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp ground coriander

Place the salad w. dressing in bowls and distribute the taco meat on top. Serve with sliced yellow tomato and sliced or chopped avocado (I did not use avocado cause I forgot to get some at the store but I think it would be great in this salad).

I also cut up some raw zucchini onion bread into little triangles and put them on top.

Tah-Dah!


Ok so I've also been doing lots of other experimenting and even making my own vegan ice creams in my ice cream maker that I've owned for 7 years and used the first time yesterday! (made 3 ice creams since last night - making up for lost time)
Here are some pics of other dishes I have made in the past few weeks:

Mushroom Burrito (zucchini cumin wrap w. marinated mushroom meat and guacamole)


Zucchini Tagliatelle Salad w. B.C. Peach Sauce, Pea Shoots + Cumin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds


Spinach + Onion "Quiche" w. Nectarine Salsa


Mixed Raw Nut + Fruit Parfait w. Lavender Cashew Cream
(which I apparently made for Eddie)


Tomorrow I'm going to give this white chocolate thing another go... got an idea that just might work...

No comments:

Post a Comment