Friday, April 29, 2011

Kraut Salat



Ok so you might find this meal incredibly strange or boring or just straight up gross. Well, I have great news for you - you don't have to make it! Phew, right?

I have run out of precious cooking (uncooking) time lately and all of my creative efforts are spent on making logos and pretty posters. Aside from many smoothies I keep coming back to one quick and simple salad. Perhaps because of my European roots or maybe because I'm preparing for a German invasion of the WURST kind (German restaurant opening soon), I've been crazy about kraut.

Lets call this Kraut Salat.
As much mixed lettuce as you want, or romaine, baby romaine, spring mix... u get the point.
A few forkfuls of raw, unpasteurized sauerkraut (you can even get some with carrots and ginger or caraway seeds - what a party!)
very finely sliced onion of your choice (however much you want)
A handful of sunflower seeds
A few pinches of raw sesame seeds
A few hefty pinches of pink sea salt
Lots of freshly ground back pepper
...and the magic ingredient... Highwood Crossing Organic Extra Virgin Canola Oil.
This oil is like liquid gold, strong nutty flavour, rich deep yellow colour, grown and made here in Alberta! It is very much unlike any canola oil you've ever had, mainly because it has FLAVOUR! I know there is a lot of bad press about canola, but I feel good about this one. Organic, unrefined...anyway...


Mix it all together und essen.

No comments:

Post a Comment