Friday, July 30, 2010

Whats the best thing about 4 cups of dead strawberries?



I couldn't resist another post today because I made strawberry soft serve ice cream for dessert, and it was awesome. Keeping with the theme of today, I didn't really measure most of my ingredients but made this recipe in record time.

Strawberry Ice Cream

Coconut meat from one young thai coconut (not too thin. not too thick. just right.)
A splash of coconut water (maybe half cup)
1.5 - 2 tsp lucuma powder
1 tbsp coconut oil (was melted from the summer heat)
1/3 cup raw cashews
Pinch of vanilla bean powder (ground vanilla beans)
3 drops french vanilla liquid stevia

I blended all of these things into a nice cream, fairly thick, but not as thick as the dill cashew cream from my earlier post. *Note to self - create a cream thickness rating scale*
It is important to blend these things first before adding the frozen fruit because it keeps the coconut oil from hardening in chunks and it totally breaks down the cashews and coconut meat.

Then, to the blender I added:

3.5 -4 cups frozen strawberries (from fresh strawberries that I had washed and frozen a few weeks ago)

Using the vita mix plunger, I rammed the crap out of the berries, plunging them straight into the unforgiving blades of the two horse power machine until they were completely pulverized and smooth.


My taste buds were dancing with joy. I think I even heard them laughing and telling dead strawberry jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment